Capability Development Program for Newmont
The Asset Management Learning Academy (AMLA), utilises a five-step design and development method in conjunction with best-practice training design and development approaches. Our approach is executed remotely to the client using online project management tools and quality authoring and design technology by an experienced creative technical team of subject matter experts, and digital and instructional designers.
The creative team commence through the execution of an analysis of the current state and formulated course design plans (CDP) which best execute the vision and the associated business strategic objectives. The CDPs were reviewed and endorsed by stakeholders and underpin the subsequent development activities. Styling standards are established in accordance with business branding, and supporting templates and guidelines are produced for sustainability. Design activities are executed in accordance with the CDPs and styling across suitable forms of media, such as graphics and video. Particular focus was made regarding the faciltiation of discussions, continuous improvement activities, networking and team building exercises to maximise the learners experience. An important validation step is undertaken in the final stage where the products are reviewed in alignment with the vision and confirm they produce the intended result/s.
Leveraging the experience and proven track record of our parent company, Work Management Solutions, we understand the challenges of developing existing or new Asset Management professionals across industry, as well as the typical standard of training products which exist. Our execution of capability development programs is backed by the application of core andragogical methods and an advantageous approach to developing superior learning design concepts.
"The team with the best players usually does win - this is why you need to invest the majority of your time and energy in developing your people".
- Jack Welch
American business executive, chemical engineer and writer.
Consistently in projects we execute, our approach is to evaluate the existing state, identify opportunities for improvement and provide these recommendations to the client for consideration. This resulted in considerable improvement to the initial scope and vision of the capability development program.
AMLA produced a complete capability development program (“Asset Management Development Program”) which included:
- The program framework, pathway and supporting professionally designed program guide.
- Program Training Needs Analysis and Competency Framework Matrix
- Role Specific Training Plans
- Administration tools
- A suite of eight ISO 55000 professional development courses for face to face delivery, as well as several domain specific courses in Work Management, Reliability and Hydrocabons.
- Supporting course materials included a CDP, facilitator guide, learner guide, train the trainer guide, presentation, workshop activity equipment, feedback form and self assessment.
- Access to all original graphics and videos
- Study guide for further development and recognition in ISO 55000.
- Train the Trainer Program, inclusive of observation forms trainer appointment forms and guides.
- Promotional Toolkit
- Communication Plan
- Learner Recognition of prior knowledge process
- Styled Certificates